ASK ME Extension
"AID" - Turn your Information into Action
See Extension (External link) or browse below
Material developed by UC Davis in collaboration with over 20 partner organizations.
|The "ASK ME" Framework for Extension||"TIGRS" keys for success|
A = Audience and Needs S = Solutions K = Key message
M = Message form and delivery E = Evaluation
"ASK ME" Info sheet (UC Davis)
T = Trust in the message and the messenger
I = Integrated approaches Engage farmers
GR = Good Recommendations Credible, Relevant (Demand-driven), Clear benefit, Testable
S = “Seeing is believing”TIGRS Fact Sheet (UC Davis)
A = Audience and Needs. "Who are they? What do they need and want?"
Field Diagnostics Assessing needs
- Choosing partners
Working with groups
- Building Trust Fact Sheet (UC Davis and Purdue)
- Running farmer meetings Fact sheet (UC Davis)
- Running farmer focus groups Fact sheet (UC Davis)
- Managing (more formal) meetings Fact sheet (UC Davis)
- Facilitation Fact sheet (UC Davis)
- Building Consensus Fact sheet (UC Davis)
- Conflict Resolution Fact sheet (UC Davis)
= Solutions. "What is practical and relevant to meet the needs?"
- Evaluate solutions Fact Sheet (UC Davis)
- Recommendation Domains - helping ensure a technology fit Fact sheet (UC Davis)
- Evaluating technology options Fact sheet or Trainer exercise (UC Davis)
- To compile technology options on-line, see Knowledge Bank Manual (UC Davis)
- See sample Knowledge Banks e-Afghan Ag ; Cereal knowledge Bank ;
K = Key message. "What do people need to know to make the change?"
- Identifying the key message Fact sheet (UC Davis)
M = Message form and delivery. "How can the message be best packaged and delivered?"
|Message Planning||Message delivery|
E = Evaluation. "How can each step be iomproved?"
- Evaluation overview Fact sheet (UC Davis)
- Evaluate a training event Fact sheet (UC Davis)
- Evaluate your material (3 considerations) Fact sheet (UC Davis)
- Evaluate fact sheets Fact sheet (UC Davis)
- Evaluate your Information Communication Technology (ICT) initiatives Fact sheet
- Evaluate websites Fact sheet (UC Davis)